This week will see the shared services and outsourcing community gathered under one roof for the 2nd annual Source to Settle as a Service conference in London. Running from the 10th to the 12th of June, this inspiring event concentrates on the purchase to pay (P2P) cycle and on the shared services organisations that have invested in improving their financial processes with a real focus on the customer and customer service.
On this occasion, Consider Solutions has been invited to organise 2 learning labs on Finance Transformation and Performance Improvement on June 12th. David Mitchell, EVP Transformation & Process Optimisation, will run both labs, sharing his experiences and exploring best practices, relevant benchmarks and proven approaches to drive process improvement and cost efficiencies.
1. Lab B: Finance Transformation for your Shared Services journey
Thursday, June 12th, 9:00 – 11:30 am
Shared Services organisations come in all shapes and sizes, and, no matter how far along you are on your shared services journey, there is always room for improvement. This session shows you how to benchmark your organisation and get a better understanding of where you stand and how you can identify areas for improvement.
Attendees will learn to:
- Define and benchmark World Class Finance
- Define and refine an optimal model for SSOs
- Identify indicators & KPIs for Source-to-Settle
- Carry out a Capability Maturity assessment
- Identify Continuous Improvement initiatives
2. Lab F: Delivering measurable process improvements
Thursday, June 12th, 15:00 – 17:30
Shared Services can often feel isolated on their journey and it can be hard to know how well your Shared Service is really performing. This session explores the essential KPIs for shared services, and how you can make measurable improvements to your shared services.
Attendees of this laboratory will gain an understanding of how to:
- Frame the process optimization challenge
- Gather the facts to identify and prioritise capability gaps
- Assess 7 perspectives of process maturity
- Identify existing process execution variance
- Drive transformation towards a ‘Business as Usual’ Process
To find out more or register to the Source to Settle conference organised by sharedserviceslink.com have a look at the event webpage provided here.
If interested to gather more information about Continuous Improvement and Process Excellence in Shared Services, we recommend the following resources:
- Leading Indicators. What’s so KEY about your KPIs? – an infographic
- Driving Continuous Improvement in Shared Services beyond solely managing by KPIs – webcast
- Performance Improvement from Measurement to Action – whitepaper