Here you’ll find our opinions, viewpoints and rants. But don’t forget to add your comments – good or bad – on anything you like or loathe. We value your feedback.
It was a privilege to co-chair the Shared Services’ Leaders Summit in Chicago last week. The event was great fun and very thought provoking. I have had many messages to the same effect, so it seems the feeling was mutual!
We discussed and brainstormed a number of issues over the two days and I think (hope!)… Read MoreRead More
Are you getting the expected value from your ERM implementation?
There is a growing focus on Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) as a framework for effective management decision making to optimise business results. We observe 3 major challenges to making ERM work in an organization;
Enter your details below to continue reading:… Read MoreRead More
In 1983, Isaac Asimov was asked to predict the world of 2019, 35 years into his future. It is weirdly disorienting to read his words, somewhat akin to reading George Orwell’s “1984” if you were around to enjoy that serendipity.
He observed that three considerations should dominate their thoughts at the time; Nuclear war, Computerization and Space utilization.… Read MoreRead More
There is a gap in skills between what we aspire to and what we are, and what we have. How will finance leaders re-invent themselves to embrace and exploit the full potential of new digital technologies, insights, intelligence, and analytics?… Read MoreRead More
In addition to end-to-end process thinking with “Source to Pay” global process initiatives, there is considerable focus on procurement transformation to speed the process up, drive down barriers, reduce complexity and deliver more value. Agile Procurement methodologies are being developed, to separate high complexity/low agility requirements from those requiring low complexity/high agility, enabling greater automation focus on the latter and expert focus on the former.… Read MoreRead More
CFOs are no longer managing the “rear view mirror” of business and have an important input on technology decisions. The boundaries between technology, operations and shared services are blurring. The concept of Global Business Services, which comes in and out of focus as a trend, embodies a solution to this dilemma.… Read MoreRead More
Fraud and Cybercrime remain the highest reported systemic risks for CFOs, although economic headwinds, regional trade issues, and consumer demand concerns seem to be spiking as we enter 2019.
Reports indicate that 62 per cent of businesses expect cyber risk to cause disruption within the next three years, yet nearly three-quarters reported poor cyber maturity.… Read MoreRead More
There has been a continued growth in consumer driven regulatory change from the “sugar tax”, taxes on single use plastics, to GDPR data protection. The environment and consumer protection remain big themes, and impacted businesses are very focussed on these topics.… Read MoreRead More
In the post-digital world, no one cares much about “offshore” as a strategy. It is now just one of the many tactical options. Increasing numbers of traditional outsourcing customers aren’t looking to increase offshore investments. The offshore model is being disrupted by intelligent automation in a similar way Amazon completely disrupted the traditional retail supply chain.… Read MoreRead More
It is widely reported that up to 80% of finance effort is spent acquiring and preparing data for reporting, leaving as little as 20% for value added analysis and decision making. This is a challenge that automation advances over recent decades were supposed to have resolved.… Read MoreRead More