Goals, plans, intent and intellect simply aren’t enough – ‘nailing it shut’ is the hard, final yards of any activity.
Transformational shifts are built in part on Insight, Vision, Strategy, and Leadership.
But equally importantly, maybe more so, they are built on Execution.
That rare skill, the ability to see a commitment through to completion like your life depends on it, is surely one of the most prized qualities in a world shaped by uncertainty and constant change.
So, what are 8 KEY TRAITS of these people who you can always rely on to “Nail It Shut”? How can we understand, develop and practice them?
You can read the full set, its only a short read, at the link below, but a few highlights for me are;
– They ask ‘why’ repeatedly to ensure they are attacking the root cause problem and not just the symptom.
– They ‘Sweat the Small Stuff’: The devil is in the detail.
– They are Resilient and Relentless: They do not give or accept excuses, they crack on, revise the plan and execute.
– They OWN the problem and execute while others procrastinate, obfuscate or abdicate.
– They are Urgent, Persistent and Determined: They understand the cost of elapsed time, not least that the goals might start to shift.
There is nothing new here except the realization – there just isn’t time to waste with ‘almost done’.
It is worth reading Larry Fast’s article on accountability and the art of execution. Read more here
“Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.”
Thanks for reading . . .